Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the current living guru of Sikhism in the form of holy book, which contains the spiritual words (Gurbani) of all the Sikh gurus. Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji has started the collections of Gurbani .Later on Shri Guru Arjan Dev Ji transform the Gurbani “spiritual words” into the Holy Book in the year 1604 at “Gurdwara Ramsar Sahib, Shri Amritsar”.
The First Gurbani in the Guru Granth Sahib is the “Japji Sahib” and also the Siri Rag is the first Rag out of 31 (the way of speaking the gurbani) in this holy book.There are total 1430 pages in Guru Granth Sahib.This holy book contains the Gurbani of Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Shri Guru Angad Dev ji, Shri Guru Amardas Ji, Shri Guru Ramdas Ji, Shri Guru Arjan Dev Ji and Shri Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib Ji.This Holy book also contains the words of 15 Devotees.
Facts about Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
- Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave the title of Guru to this Holy Book (Guru Granth Sahib) as Last Sikh Guru in the year 1708 at Shri Hazur Sahib Nanded (Maharashtra).
- The 15 Devotees who’s words are included in the Guru Granth Sahib, all are belongs to different religions and caste. For instance, “Bagat Ravidass Ji belongs to scheduled caste, Baba Farid Ji belongs to muslim community “.
- The spiritual words “Gurbani” contains in Guru Granth Sahib are for all the human beings. It does not belongs to one person or one community.
- Sri Guru Granth Sahib is also represent One God to whom we all human beings belongs.
- Scientists from all over the world are following Guru Granth Sahib to discover the secret of Universe.
- Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji represent all human beings are equal, so each and every word of Guru Granth Sahib are for whole of the world.